Thursday, August 9, 2007

Finally Finished!


Here is my father-in-law's mohair blanket. I wanted to have a background of mixed navy blues with bright colours zooming in from each side, but never going all the way across. I've used many different mohair yarns, (anything I could scrounge up cheap), and a 7mm hook. The pattern is a multiple of 13 plus 2 for the foundation row, then two ch for the 1st dc, miss 1 ch, 1 dc in each of the next 5 ch, 3 dc in the next ch, 5 dc, miss 2 ch and repeat to end, miss 1 ch, 1dc in last ch, and turn.

13 comments:

Riss said...

Oh wow... that is beautiful...

Ronnie Anderson said...

I love the effect! It's beautiful!

lekki said...

why thankyou. :) I'm pretty pleased with the way it turned out.

Patricia said...

Your afghan is very beautiful. I really like how the colors don't go all the way accross.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Patricia--that creates a really nice effect.

Susan (ZenKnit) said...

Beautiful! And I bet it is comfy too. What a wonderful gift.

jmk said...

What a brilliant idea. I love the effect. Clever girl!

Aim said...

Wow, you did a great job with that, and how cool that it's done in mohair! Awesome project!!!

Pheelya said...

That is stunning! I love that the bright colors don't go all the way across!! Really neat!

Quiltgal said...

Love the colours, I am sure the texture is great too!

Holly said...

Wow! That is so cool looking! I don't think I could have ever figured out how to do that effect.

lekki said...

It's easy to not go all the way across. You work in the main colour until you reach the point you want the accent to start at, then join in the new yarn, turn the corner and continue along the row as far as you want to. Working over the ends hides all the threads so they don't have to be sewn in.

ajcrochets said...

This is definitely one of my favorites that I've seen on the sight. It makes me want to get creative and try something like that too. I love bright colors, and the blue background doesn't make the contrast as sharp as it would be on a black background. Excellent job, an item to be treasured.