Friday, June 8, 2007

Ripple #3 a la broken leg

So here is my third ripple. I know, I never posted pictures of the second. It's a 35x40in baby blanket done in caron simply soft white, baby blue, and baby green. It was supposed to be a gift for my boyfriend's friend/pharmacy manager, but is currently buried in it's cute baby bag underneath the mountain of laundry in my room that I cannot do due to the leg in the picture. :) Every time I bug the boyfriend about at least calling the woman, whose baby was born 6 weeks ago, he says he'll do it eventually. *sigh*


Anyway, this new ripple is using most of the same colors as the last one. It's a throw size blanket, for my girlfriend Patty. She has 3 small children, 7, 5, and almost 2, so it's red heart acrylic for its wash-ability. Kids are messy. :) It's exactly half way done. I figure one more set of color repeats will make it wide enough to snuggle under. I LOVE the colors and the way they work together. I get the feeling this isn't the only one of these I'll end up doing.

For an update on the leg, I can't put any weight on it until august at the soonest. It's going to be a LONG summer... If anyone has any entertainment ideas, let me know. :)

It's great to be rippling again!

--Riss
Here's the blog that I hardly ever update...
Here's my myspace...

7 comments:

Anina said...

I love the colors you chose. Bummer about the leg!
Ideas?? I don't have many original ones: crochet (of course!), read, watch TV, find someone to play board games with you, do crossword puzzles, rent every movie you ever wanted to see and watch them all.
Good luck!

Mary B said...

Great looking colors, I love how you shaded them together. My mom crocheted an entire lace tablecloth when she broke her leg once. . .

Sue J. said...

I was in your same situation 4 years ago. It was, indeed, a long summer. I read a lot and crocheted and knitted. Most of the time I was loopy on pain meds when not in rehab. The good news? Today I walk like I had never broken the darn thing. There is light at the end of the tunnel. Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

TV on DVD. It's so good because you can watch without all the annoying ads. Because I am unable to drive at this time, I have seen two seasons of Grey's and watched all of season one of That Girl. I loved it as a young girl, and the fashions look even better now (and I am no fashionista). And don't forget books on tape. Blessings

Pheelya said...

I really like to colors you choose for the blanket.

Catch up on movies and books you've been dying to get to but never had the time :) Netflicks can be great during this time!

Leigh said...

I love the colors you have chose... i have truly been inspired that my blanket is fixeable.. lol im alos going to start a second ripple. yay!

ZZB said...

Love the colors, good luck with the leg. I broke mine 8 months ago and I still can not put weight on. Learning how to knit socks kept me sane, if I broke another leg I would probably learn how to crochet :)