Friday, June 8, 2007

Blanket in progress

So my second ripple is in progress...and I think it will turn out just fine.
After having done lots and lots of trials using different patterns from the Jan Eaton, I finally decided to use 'Soft waves'. Not that I didn't like the others - but thinking of the colors, I think this is the best one.
All the stribes come in random order - I just pick up the color, I think will look best. That's the way, I usualy prefers to work - so it's perfect.


I have not used all the colors yet.
The blanket will be about 140 cm X 160 cm - but that's in the future :-). My needlesize is small, so this will take some time to make. But that's ok - I already love it. It's fun to make - and the colors make me so happy every time I work with them.

Have a nice day.

Gitte B

6 comments:

Aim said...

I love your color choices. That pattern is really beautiful, and I think your blanket will be heavenly!

Anina said...

I love the colors. So summery and happy!

sabrina said...

Like everyone else, I love the colors you've chosen! It's so warm and cheerful. It'll be lovely when it's done!

Carola said...

Gorgeous colors, but I have to say that I just love, love, love, LOVE the variegated yarn you've got there.

Wow.

Pheelya said...

The colors look great. I really like the varigated thrown in among the solids. It gived the ripple a little punch!

Happy Hookin'!

GitteMay said...

Thanks to you all :-). I was nice to read your comments on this - because sometimes I've been thinking that maybe - just maybe - I use too many colors this time. But I still think it looks fine - and even more now, that I've read this.
The varigated one is a 'mistake' - I bought the wrong color, but thought it could be fine in this blanket - and so it did!