Sunday, June 3, 2007

I started my ripple.....

Yay, I finally started my ripple blanket! Using my own pattern, which I'll post on my blog tomorrow. Had all this yarn sitting there for days waiting for me...




So yesterday I just jumped in and started. I'm using my own pattern, deviating from the previous color arrangement I used in my test piece.


Decided to go with a double row of dc instead of alternating dc/sc, similar in appearance to most people's on the blog here. I'll post my pattern soon--it's easy.


I like everyone's ripples here--I am very inspired by all the creative people out there in yarn-land. Opal has made so many of these it makes my head spin!!! My objective is to make a summer weight blanket. I love the weight of the Sugar & Cream after washing and shrinking, and I love the way it drapes. So in spite of other projects still unfinished, I started. It's been fun so far!



No comments: