Sunday, April 22, 2007

Soft Waves, Take 2

Hey Ripplers! I just joined the blog, but I've been crocheting for a while now. Ripples are one of my favorites; it was also my grandma's favorite too! Ripples are a big part of my family history and I love making them.

I have that book as well, 200 Ripple Stitches, and I happen to be using the Soft Waves ripple for an afghan I am making for a friend of mine. I started it last Tuesday using a size K crochet hook. I'm over halfway done and it hasn't even been a week. I love the pattern because it goes fast, it looks a bit more contemporary, and, best of all, it doesn't use chains! I am using lavender and light blue as my main colors, then lighter and darker shades of blues and purples from my stash. The effect is very calming and I know my friend will love it. I don't have a pic yet, but I'll post as soon as I do!

No comments: