Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Resurrected!!

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! I'm up and rippling again!

This is go #3 on the original, big ripple. Let's review:

Lattice chevron stitch pattern out of Donna Kooler's Encyclopedia of Crochet. (the hope is the openwork pattern will accommodate for the differing yarn weights)
Various yarns from my stash, including some heavenly hand-painted cotton, alpaca, some Encore in blue and brown and tweedy red, and cream sugar and cream cotton. Oh yeah, and the other bluish wool.
H or I hook, depending.
In the pattern, it's 60 inches wide. 300 stitches-ish.

And can I just say I am soooooooooooooooo happy now about all of the unfortunate frogging, because I l.o.v.e. how the colors are working out now. I'm actually a bit further than this, done with the tweedy red and almost done with a section of cream. Will try to get newer pics soon.

This is proving the perfect project for this week. I'm in crunch time planning a silent auction and the repetitiveness of this is soooooooooo soothingly wonderful.

Still have to frog back the rumpled round ripple. And I have thoughts of a felted "softwaves" bag that looks much like what many of you are doing. Local LYS with major sale, 20% off everything, so I may just have to go pick up some odd balls and make that happen...

3 comments:

~Molly~ said...

That is gorgeous! Love the colors and texture!!

kirsten said...

Love the lattice effect. After nearly finishing Ripple No 1 I'm seriously thinking about No 2.

nanaofnc said...

Please do post some current pics as yours is one of favorite color combos!