Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Out with the old, in with the new!

We have been blessed with a wonderful visit with my mother-, father- and brother-in-law (from overseas), so I have been very busy. However, I have managed to finish my first ripple afghan, which now happily resides at the end of my three-year-old-girl's bed. She is very pleased with her aquisition. :o)

I have begun a new, much larger afghan, using the soft waves pattern in the correct version (as opposed to working it in single crochet, as I mistakenly did with the first one). I haven't taken any photos of it yet, but I will...once all the visiting madness has settled down.

Oh, I am excited about this new afghan! Perhaps I am being a less attentive hostess than I could be, but I confess, I think I am addicted anew. The afghan calls me constantly. Even when I have had a solid slog at it, and just have to take a break, I find it calling me again before long.

When it is done, it will be large enough to cover my double bed with the three relevant sides touching the floor. It will be beautiful, I know it will. I am choosing the colors however I feel like choosing them at that moment. Sometimes I ask my children what color I should use next. Sometimes I just feel that it needs a touch of a certain hue. Sometimes, I use a color I have just been dying to use (such as one of the three hanks I dyed with Kool-aid -- I recommend this highly!!). As many of you have noticed with your own afghans, every new color changes the whole afghan just a little.

Anyway, before I get too excited about blogging the new afghan, let me tie up the loose ends of the old one. Here's a photo of the finished product for you to enjoy. :o)

3 comments:

Betsy said...

That is so pretty! Can't wait to see the big one!

Jenni-Raie said...

oh man - another 2nd rippler on board.

Michelle said...

Congrats! Beautiful! Can't wait to see what you come up with next.