Monday, March 19, 2007

Weekend progress



I spent the weekend basically reading and crocheting. Not a bad way to spend a snowy weekend! I forgot to tell you all the particulars of my project. The blanket will be about 56 " wide so that it fits over my son's twin bed. He wanted a bed blanket and not a throw. He had a heart to heart with me over my insistence that I make his blanket with wool or cotton (because I prefer those) and he was adamant that those fibers are not soft enough so Caron Simply Soft and Red Heart Soft are his choices here. I am basically following the pattern as stated in Jan Eaton's book (200 Ripple Stitch Patterns, Pattern:Ribby #106) and randomly using the colors my son chose. I randomly picked skeins out of a bag and then wrote down what I picked out for each repeat. I am really enjoying making this blanket. It is just like the ones my paternal grandma used to make, with the really deep ripples. My next ripple will be the softer waves like so many of you are making.

1 comment:

Carla said...

I like those colors, Lisa. Your son has good taste.