Saturday, March 3, 2007

Ripples in Georgia-

Hi everyone! I too started my ripple blanket after seeing Jane's and Alicia's.
I'm using as much stash as possible, but most of my stash is textured or variegated and I wanted to have solid color stripes and let the pattern make the texture, so I had to get more yarn for this. I'm making this for my daughter(2 and a half) for the bed she doesn't have yet!
Here is what I started with:
I was so excited to get started that I couldn't wait to get the pattern from the book - and I don't follow instructions well - so I just kind of messed around with it and came up with what is probably something similar.
When I had a pattern that worked and my yarn I figured out approximately how many rows I could get from each color and cut a little piece representing each row. I have some 100% cotton, some cotton/acrylic blend, and some 100% cotton, so I had to be sure not to have too many rows of one kind next to each other. I just slapped the pieces of yarn down and sorted for yarn type and let the colors stay where they fell (mostly.)
Here is my color order:
And the blanket in progress:

2 comments:

mk said...

your daughter will love it! I love that pea-green too. just ran out of it after one row, so I'll just have to go out and buy some more :).
welcome!

monique said...

All I see here are the most beautiful blankets! You are using beautiful colours.
Monique.