Friday, March 23, 2007

Ripples and granny's...


I thought I would share this book with everyone. It is "100 Crochet projects" by Jean Leinhauser & Rita Weiss. And as you can see on the cover there are 2 ripple afghans and 2 "half ripple" tank tops. The main picture on the cover is for a blanket that is started with granny squares, 2 difference sizes. Then stitched together and ripples are done on either side.

I'm currently doing one of the bears that's shown by the round ripple. Then hope to tackle the mix blanket with my scraps. Then I can have the best of both worlds... ripples and granny's.

There are sooo many cool patterns in this book. Hopefully enough to satisfy me till my 200 ripples book comes in the mail.

1 comment:

deedledumpling said...

Megan, thanks so much for showing the book. I really love the idea of the combo blanket. I am not sure I would ever be able to do the whole thing in Granny Squares and this is a nice alternative. Thanks Diana