Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Joining in


I have been trying and trying to start a ripple and been having trouble, I just can't get the rhythm. I wish the pattern I was following had a chart, I love the charts. Anyway, came on line for some help and found this blog. So cool.

My Mom crocheted and knitted her way through most winters. When one of her children wanted a new blanket she would give us her crochet pattern book and ask what color we wanted. I can't do it that way, I just can't. Neon orange, my Mom once made a neon orange afghan. So, I asked Adam to pick, from my stash, colors that matched with this material. (There are no neon colors in my stash.) I also asked him to pick a pattern. He choose one that looks like waves which will work well with all the different colors.

I think I am going to switch to the lovely soft wave that so many in the blog have crocheted. Hopefully I can get the rhythm down quickly.
Jessica

1 comment:

Carla said...

Hi, Jessica. I just checked out your blog which I love for its family orientation. And you'll catch the ripple. Basically you stack decreases on top of each other and increases on top of each other. Not much else to it but that. I like charts, too, but offhand I can't recall seeing one online for the ripple. Good luck!