Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Another new Ripple in the pond

Hi, I'm Agate. I've been following the ripple along since it was announced on the CrochetMe blog. I even started my own and I am really liking it, so I decided I'd go ahead and join.

I don't know why, but my pictures won't download. I haven't had a problem on my own blog, so if you wanna see a picture of my ripple right now it is here. I'll try to get it onto here another time. I've already tried twice today.

Most of my yarn is Red Heart acrylic, a couple skeins of Lion Brand Wool-Ease, and yarn from a purchased sweater I ripped apart. It is a mix of reds, browns, burgandys and a couple vareigated yarns. I think the colors are really nice together and a sunny yellow keeps it from being to dark. I didn't buy any new yarn for it, this is entirely from my stash. I am using a K hook.

I am using the lacy chevron pattern from Donna Kooler's Encyclopedia of Crochet. I had to make one change to it though. The book says to make a 3 stitch turning chain and my sides were becoming warped and tight. I crochet very tight already, so I added a ch to the turning chain and it seems to be working better. It's not a wide blanket and I will probably have to add a border in order to make it a little wider, but that's okay, I tend to lose interest in blankets when I make them, shorter rows might stave that off for awhile.

I do want to finish this one though, I think it will look great on my bed.

Agate

1 comment:

Carla said...

Agate, I love you colors! Those warm tones look so cozy and comforting. It's going to be great!