Wednesday, March 28, 2007

day 28

it's been 10 days since i last showed you all any progress, and that progress has been minimal. i'm halfway through, having crocheted 1 band of 2 rows per color. i don't really feel any love for this blanket in person, but i really like it in pictures. go figure.

halfway ripple


ripple

the blanket is 5 feet wide. based on my calculations i'd planned on being able to crochet 3 2-row bands per color, but i'm only going to be able to get 2. the yarn band lies.
DSC_0034.JPG

10 comments:

Susan (ZenKnit) said...

I am loving yours. It isn't growning on you? - nuts!

My experience is exactly opposite yours. I think mine looks better in person and the photos kind of stink.

N. said...

Oh it is gorgeous in pictures!

MikKnits said...

We're always our toughest critics. I absolutely love yours! Beautiful colors that work well together.

maryse said...

thanks all!

Anonymous said...

those colors are really pretty i like it alot.

Andrea

Ann said...

I have the same problem: loving the photos of my blanket and being unsure of it in person. I think your is beautiful -- and it's true we're our own toughest critics.

Cecilia said...

My reaction when the page loaded? "OH, wow!" (I talk to myself a lot). Very nice!

Mary B said...

So pretty!

Jenni-Raie said...

i like it. a lot. i think you're doing a GREAT job! what i like best is your photos... they are so character-full!

peaknits said...

I love "day 28" sounds like rehab! This stuff can be addicting - can't wait to get started! Love your afghan, the colors are awesome!