Monday, April 21, 2008

Baby Blanket


I am making this blanket for my cousin's newborn (her first). I am using a Waves pattern, I believe. I will post a link to the pattern when I find it. I am using Caron Simply Soft in off white and soft green. It's off a stitch... not sure how that happened, but by the time I noticed it I was so far along that I decided to keep going that way. I wanted it to be a light blanket, so the stitches are loose.

What do you think is a nice size for a baby blanket? This one is approx. 36" wide... that's with horizontal stripes. I could also turn it so the stripes are vertical, but I'm not sure how that would look. The bottom and top (with hor. stripes) are flat and edges are scalloped. I don't know how it would look with a scalloped top/bottom and straight sides. Hm. What do you think?

EDIT!
I found the pattern! Woot! Wavy Blanket Pattern

4 comments:

Bella said...

Sweet baby blanket. I am making a baby blanket using the soft wave pattern and it will be 42" by 42" also using the same yarn as you are except in the bright colors. I love the way this yarn feels.

Deb Legg said...

Very pretty ~ your Cousin has a very lucky baby :)

I love love love that wave pattern, it looks like the pattern used to do a couple pillows on the cover of Vintage Crochet: 30 Gorgeous Designs , Susan Cropper. I went to the library and got the book, but the pattern wasn't in the book!

Love to know where to get that pattern.

Katie said...

I actually found the pattern! Here's the link: http://crochetme.com/patterns/wavy-blanket

Ms Dragonfly said...

great blanket :) i've tried to knit and crochet but i can't seem to get beyond pot holders! lol not enough patience.