Saturday, February 9, 2008

First ever ripple done!




Here's a pic of my first ripple and I guess it's new owner. I started it late last summer after happening upon the ripple along. Since I had never made a crocheted ripple afghan I just used some of the yarn already in my stash. After a few rows of the different colors I did decide to only use brighter bolder colors. As long as it was practical, looked half decent and kept a person warm, I didn't want to spent a lot of time coordinating colors. I've been a quiltmaker for years and would spend so much time choosing fabrics. Then I made my first scrap quilt and that opened a whole new world for me. So many different fabrics that you don't expect to end up looking good together and that goes for yarn also. I guess the beauty is in the eye of the beholder. For my next ripple I have coordinated and chosen totally diffferent colors.
As I mentioned above my cat, Cotton, will probably own this ripple. Ever since there was enough length done, I've had to position it so he could lay on it while I crocheted on it. The longer it got the easier it was for us to share.
I do have a quick question about these blog posts. For some reason my spell check here at blogger is not working. I click on it but nothing happens. I'm not real blog saavy but I know that things can be accidentally changed with the tap of one key. I'm wondering if I've locked up something without even knowing I did. Any pointers that I can check?

4 comments:

crazyjane said...

this is wonderful. I've just taught myself to crochet so that i can do a ripple. may i ask what pattern you used?
love the colours

~Molly~ said...

I'm a fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants kind of gal, in other words scrappy quilts and scrappy 'ghans are just my style!! It is gorgeous!!

CrazyJane, there is a pattern, don't have the link at the moment, called the Susan B Easy Ripple(google it). That's what I used for my first ripple, it is super easy and works up pretty.

Cyberpenguin said...

Ah, knitting & cats. The perfect combination! 8-)

isabel tiago said...

Hello Hild
I like very much this photo of the cat and i would love to post it on my blog.
I have your permission?

Tusen takk