Saturday, August 4, 2007

Cotton Ripple Progress

My Mission Falls cotton ripple is coming along little by little. I introduced the light yellow to it the other night because I'm quickly running out of my other colors and I have 2 skeins of the light yellow......do you like it or doesn't it go? I will be putting in more of it as I go so right now all you see is 2 rows of it, but what do you think talented ripplers?

I'm amazed how much I like the way this feels as I go along because initially I thought it might be too heavy for an afghan, but not so with this 1894 Mission Falls cotton. It's light and airy, perfect for a cozy 'ghan without being too warm. Something like this would be just the right thing for those of you in warmer climates who still need something to snuggle up under in the AC.

1 comment:

Rae said...

I hesitate to give my opinion b/c it would involve some "undoing" of your lovely blanket, but I do think the light yellow is too light to work well with all the deeper, kind of autumnal colors. It stands out on its own.