Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Public Hooker

Hello all,

No pictures today... but I wanted to post about my wonderful experience with my crochet at work. I work at Fox River, where we make socks. So I'm "fondling" yarn all day long while packaging the finished product. My breaks and lunch time are spent working on a small project of some kind. I've done a few scarfs *christmas stock* a few squares for a granny swap, along with a red/white/blue round ripple I'm trying to work on. **pictures soon** Well today I really wanted to work on my baby ripple. I was worried about the color changes getting in the way and taking up too much time during my short breaks, but I have them down to a science now and changes are quick. We got to work pretty early today *not planned* and I sat down to start working on the ripple. A few people just stared at me... probably wondering if I was nuts. But the ladies my hubby and I sit with at lunch stopped by and admired the work. Every day these ladies ask me what I have brought to work on that day.

Happy hooking all!

2 comments:

Anina said...

I checked all your previous posts and saw MANY ripples! How many do you have going? They're all great.

Laugh.Love.Knit said...

Anina,

I've started a few ripples but didn't like how they were going or I made a mistake in the pattern so they were all frogged. I also frogged a ripple for another lady on the blog here.

Currently I only have 2 ripples going. The colorful granny chevron baby blanket seen in the recent pictures and a red/white/blue round ripple that I have not taken pictures of yet.