Saturday, May 19, 2007

Preemie Ripple

I haven't posted for a long time because I keep getting distracted from my ripple afghan by various charity projects. However, I have been trying to work ripples into those projects as well. So far, I have made this colorful preemie ripple:

I worked out the striping scheme myself before I started, so it isn't random. All the yarn used is Caron Simply Soft. I used an H hook and the "soft waves" ripple pattern. However, it took an hour to weave in all the ends, so future preemie ripples will probably be boring monotones that I can make a little more efficiently!

4 comments:

Claudia said...

That's so cute! And don't switch to boring rippling - work the ends away as you crochet, so you don't have to weave them in. When starting a new color, lay the tails along the top of the previous row and just crochet over them as you work. When you've covered about 2" just cut the tails and forget they ever happened!

kimmiep621 said...

i love it. i have a special place in my heart for people who make blankets for preemies. my kaylee is former preemie and spent 5 months in hossy and we have the best blankets ever from her stay.

Lindsey said...

what size is this preemie blanket? so cute!

Katie Cannon said...

I crochet over the ends of the previous color so that there are no ends to weave in.