Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Multicolored Ripple

I made a Soft Waves ripple for a friend of mine that took me exactly one week and one day to make (I was kind of on a deadline; I'll post the pictures once I get them off my camera). I liked making it so much that I decided to start a ripple for myself. It's true what everyone says: once you start rippling, it becomes addictive and you can't stop. I picked out the Pink Ripple pattern stitch from Jan Eaton's 200 Ripple Stitches, which is similar to the Soft Waves because it uses the double crochet, but different enough to prevent me from getting bored from making another afghan with the same pattern. I had a variegated yarn in blue, pink, white, and yellow and the corresponding solids, so it decided to become a ripple! My mom took a picture of me crocheting with her new cam, and I played around in photo shop to make the colors stand out. This is the only picture of me crocheting, and I've been doing this for eight years. Anyway, I love the blanket and I have come quite a ways in just two days. Since it is getting into the triple digits here in Phoenix, I'm trying to make it quickly to prevent it from being on my lap too long. Even though it's really hot here during the summer, I get really cold at night, so I'm making this ripple to cover me at night. I used a size K crochet hook, so the stitches are more open and not as bulky. Plus, it goes much faster.

Back to rippling!

5 comments:

Mary B said...

That is a beautiful photo. Love the blanket too, great colors.

Susan (ZenKnit) said...

Very cool photo. Great ripple!

Anina said...

I love what you did with the photo. All focus on the ripple!

Malka Dubrawsky said...

Me too! I love the blanket and the photo. I just bought paintshop pro and I'll have to see if I can play around with images like that. Thanks for the inspiration.

Stephanie said...

Wow your fast!! I wish mine were moving along that quickly. Next time I will difanetly use a bigger hook.