Sunday, May 6, 2007

It's Done!


He's going to be able to sleep under it tonight.

Stats: Caron Simply Soft (6 oz. skein 315 yds), 13 balls -- 3 each of dark sage, lime, and bright blue, 2 each of dark red and country blue. Size H hook. Pattern: Double Crochet Chevrons from Jan Eaton's Encyclopedia of Crochet Techniques. Finished dimensions: 60" wide by 76" long. I crocheted two rows of each color, and had 65 stripes (so 130 actual rows). I estimate it took about an hour for each color change, and about an ounce of yarn for each.

He really loves it, particularly the lime green and bright blue.

I'm so excited to finish such a big project. I only learned to crochet in March, so this seems like quite an accomplishment. I'm already planning a round baby ripple in a rainbow of Caron Simply Soft Brites for my next one. . .

5 comments:

~Molly~ said...

Wow!!! That is VERY NICE! I love how it goes with his dust ruffle and lamp. Those colors don't look like they'd go but when you see it in the room it clicks. I'm gonna show my mom when she comes to visit.

Molly

Cecilia said...

how pretty, good job!

Unknown said...

Wow, that is such an excellent color scheme for a boy! very cool.

L. said...

Mary, it's lovely and it must be something to see in person with all of those vivid colors.

CrafteaMe said...

Your blanket looks great... I really like the colour combination and the colour repeat.