Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Oh, What Fun!

What Beautiful Blankets you all are making!
Here's my progress:

The colors are brighter and richer

but not this dark . . .

I have another darker shade of this jade green that will go next stripe, but that is all the further I have thought. I made three batches of my yarn according to color family and am picking what I want next as I go. It's Fun!

Doing the math, I have have yarn for 80% of the blanket I wanted, so I am going to about 7 more skeins of yarn. I thought I would get Patons Classic Wool since most of my off white is that type of yarn and I know I can get it here at Michaels. I thought some more pink and orange and mabye a burgundy and a pine green.

I got the 200 stitches book and just love some of these patterns. I have one and a half batches of woolease to make two more throw size ripples, and dreams of more! The patterns I like best are: #1 Blue Lagoon (K), #8 Soft Waves (C) of course!, #16 Pink Ripple (C) which I would have used if I had had the book before I started this!, #83 Feather and Fan (K) is classic, as is #175 Celtic Waves (K) and #179 Old Shale (K), #112 Truffle (K) looks good enough to eat, but a tad difficult for me at this point, I like #192 Frangipani (K) but it might just be the hot pink, yellow and magenta together = pretty! and #195 Pink Fizz (C) is a very interesting sc pattern . . .

so many patterns, so little time . . .

1 comment:

Jenni-Raie said...

still loving your work - it's great!