Friday, April 13, 2007

Lotsa stripes...

So it's been a while since i've posted. I've started repeating my colors finally. I think I bought too many colors :D I believe the last time I posted, I was working on the country rose stripe next to the mustard color one. I"ve added a lot since then. I've been dog sitting the past week, and have been rippling like a mad woman.

I did some measuring with my tape measure, and the blanket measures 50 inches exactly. I measured how much of the bed was left and its about 28 inches. Then I measured 28 inches on the blanket, and its about 23 stripes. Not much left to go!

Still using a size K hook, and Red Heart Super Saver yarns.
Its getting too big to grab a picture of the whole thing.

I've been fantasizing about the next ripple i'm gonna do. It'll only have 3 or 4 colors this time... Throw sized... and I'm gonna do it in a soft yarn, probably the caron simply soft that you guys are all using... We'll see.

Obligatory kitty picture.
He's about ready to attack my hand and the camera. I was poking at him trying to get him to move. :D

2 comments:

nihal said...

oh i love it!

i am also a knitter and i cannot decide if i start to ripple crochet or knit? any ideas?

Riss said...

Well, seeing as how I cannot knit... at all.. whatsoever... i'd have to say crochet, but ultimately, it is up to you and what you feel comfortable with. Make one of each! :)

--Riss