Friday, April 20, 2007

Kristi's Blanket

I mentioned in a previous post that I'm working on two ripple blankets at the moment. Well, the second one that I started is for one of my bestfriends who is getting married in June. I'm making the ripple afghan for her bridal shower, and she has requested that I not post updates on my personal blog so that it's a surprise. I resisted at first, but agreed only to post updates here.

So here is an update.

Ripple-Ghan #2: more rows for kristi's shower

I have since added six more colours stripes - even the light green - but am too impatient to wait till tomorrow for the sun. So sorry, no photo. I'm running out of ways to take expressive photos of this blanket anyway. I'm so much more stimulated by blankets with multiple colours.

On that note, here's a quick update on my blanket. I added 'sea ice' Patons Shetland Chunky stripes today. This picture is from last weekend after adding orange.

Ripple-Ghan Process: another row

I'm liking it more now - thanks for supporting me in my days of uncertainty.

Jen of Persephone's Awakening

2 comments:

Michelle said...

SOOOOO pretty! I love both but I have to say that I am quite partial to the bright orange on your ripple....

Jenni-Raie said...

me too. and i realized today that i am using the wrong colours for kristi's. i'm worried she wont like it. she can be very honest about things and unforgiving.

mine with the orange is SO long. I might make it go vertically striped along my bed rather than horizontal.