Friday, April 27, 2007

In the interest of sharing...

While I don't have much progress on my blanket to show (you can see an updated picture on my blog)--I thought I would share my newest craft/tech acquisition for those ripple fanatics who find themselves in situations where there isn't enough light to crochet:

A hook a Skywalker would envy What will they think of next?

This handy gadget is the The Crochet Lite by Clover in hook size H (all the sizes are different colors). I was looking to get a Clover comfort grip as sometimes my thin metal hook aches my hand--but then I found a whole page of these in a rainbow of colors and couldn't resist. It lights up well enough to stitch in the dark, though I find it best in dim light as it's almost too bright in the pitch dark and hurts my eyes! I'm not entirely fond of plastic hooks, I feel they slow my stitching down and this one is no different. So I'll alternate between this and my trusted metal hook depending on lighting conditions and how my hand is feeling. Too fun, I had to share!

6 comments:

Maven said...

That is so incredibly interesting! Does the light serve a purpose? How fun!

N. said...

Wow, that certainly would have come in handy all the times we had power outages these past few months!

~Molly~ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
~Molly~ said...

When my kids and I visited my parents this January we all had to sleep in the same room. In order to do my secret night knitting/crocheting, I used a Wiz headlamp, it was *perfect*. It is a thing that hikers and cavers use at night. My brother bought them for the kids and I snatched them right away! When we came home they all got lost so I've tried using a booklamp but don't like it nearly as much as the headlights. Don't think I'd like the lighted hook though, seems like the light would move too much and bother my eyes.

the solitary thread said...

Oh my gosh! Crochet hook light saber! =)

Kelley said...

My mom bought me the set of these (after intense hinting from me...), and I love them! I've also tried the headlamp trick. Even though I look ridiculous, it works so well.