Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Hi y'all from the new rippler

I am enjoying your photos so much. Every one of them is just beautiful. I just got the Jan Eaton 200 RippleStitch Patterns and had a tough time picking one out. I really liked #94 Regatta. I liked the texture and overall look of it. So I tried it and what a disaster. Either the directions are horribly wrong or its me. I am wondering if anyone else attempted this one? I ripped it and now am inspired by the photos today of the granny chevron. I will start that tonight. Wish me Luck!
I am making this for my daughter ( a "Mommy" afghan) who is pregnant with twins. I just finished 2 baby blankets for the twins but not in ripple.

4 comments:

Laugh.Love.Knit said...

I love love LOVE the granny chevron. It goes by so quick. I'm doing just 5 repeats for a baby blanket. If you've done granny squares before then this pattern will be a breeze for you. I picked it because I liked the granny of it.. plus no one else was doing it... every one seems to be doing soft waves.. so I wanted to be different.

jessica said...

I used the Regatta pattern, it took a few gos at the pattern but I eventually got it. http://mamarevival.blogspot.com/2007/03/i-have-rhythm.html

ginnyre said...

Can you explain how you eventually go the pattern to work out. I have tried the Regatta pattern severval times and I can not figure it out

wife2curt said...

I just got the 200 Ripple book also. My first go was the regatta. This is for my 11 year old son and he picked that one out. I am pretty sewsoned but this one has me stumped. The first row is okay and there is only one sc at the end of that row. Then on the second row it says to dc in the next sc and there are'nt any sc's. I am so confused. Anyone have some asprin. Please help... wife2curt