Monday, March 5, 2007

I couldn't resist...


I had better quality pictures for this post, but I couldn't resist including my cat, who jumped in just as I was focusing the camera. Yes, he wants that hook. Maybe he needs to learn to crochet?
Like others, I'm alternating between loving the blanket, and not being 100% in love with its tone. I was really happy between the first olive and the second olive stripe. Then the random-grabbing-gods bestowed upon me the lemon yellow. I'm not so in love with it, but I'm sure it'll even out/ tone down after a couple more differently colored stripes. I'm so in love with the chevron pattern though.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does chevron mean wavy/rippled? My cat always jumps into mym pictures, too!

Kelley said...

Jen, the chevron is wavy/ rippled, but the wave is more defined than the ripple, giving it a sharper "point".

Carla said...

Right. The chevron is angled instead of wavy. Actually, the chevron is the pattern I've seen most often for ripple afghans and have used before myself. Instead of decreasing stitches you skip them.