Thursday, March 8, 2007

Comfortable

I was thinking about my ripple afghan and how nicely homey/homely it is. Each color seems to stand out, especially when there is only one row. Then with two rows it starts to blend. It is almost like magic. Maybe it is because I become accustomed to them after a bit, and then they aren't so jarring after all. Then the process starts all over again with the next new color. Life as afghan. *grin*

I love all the colors so much that I can't bring myself to just carry along the few I will be working with - they have to be all together in a big baglady bag, or like a traveling circus.

baglady ripple afghan

After I had a few stripes done I realized that I am recreating a yet-to-be-created-planned-but-not-even-started quilt done up in 30s/40s prints.

ripple afghan like 30s prints

I am really loving it!

Peace,
Susan (aka ZenKnit)

6 comments:

Kim Werker said...

I keep all of my yarn in a big plastic bag, too. :)

Kelley said...

I definitely understand wanting to keep all the yarn together! All mine is in a metal mesh basket, and if I plan on working on the ripple away from home, it all goes with me. When I took it visit my grandma last weekend, she asked how ambitious I thought I was!

Anonymous said...

i really like the quality in your picture. there's something about it, with the big ole bag o'yarn, that looks.... magazine worthy?

Stasia said...

Isn't it funny how we sometimes find relationships in our inspiration? I do that all the time - find I'm using the same colors in various projects at a certain season... love the colors and the fabrics!

Heather said...

What size hook are you using with the Palette?

Susan (ZenKnit) said...

Susan here: Thanks for all the comments.

To answer Heather...I am using a vintage plastic(?) crochet hook that fits into the 3.5mm/4/E hole in my Susan Bates Knit-Chek thingamabob. It seems a bit small for a E though - probably not a true size. The yarn is really splitty so I should really go up a needle to crochet faster/smoother but I like the feel of this plastic hook.