Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Ripple in Still Water

Has anyone thought of the Grateful Dead? I often sing that song in my head as I ripple along--it really fits the mood!

Liane's gorgeous baby ripple reminded me that I too had made one for my little girl, when she was a baby six years ago. I unearthed it:



It saw a lot of action, and any number of washings and dryings, and held up surprisingly well. I used a single crochet for the border, which I think I'll do for this one. I'm progressing along on the new one:



And if you like, you can check out my blog for another entirely different sort of ripple afghan I'm knitting, "Lizard Ridge" in Noro Kureyon.

Your ripples are all looking so great! I love this blog!

6 comments:

Rae said...

Progressing gorgeously. I don't know if you know about this or not, but Webs has four discontinued colors of Rowan Cotton Glace on sale.

Rae said...

My husband was looking over my shoulder when I was reading your entry and then went into the other room to play "Ripple" from "American Beauty." He said he thinks it's the best song on the album.

N. said...

The colours here are GORGEOUS. Wow - love it!

Daisy said...

your colours are beautiful. And I love your ripple pattern, too. Where did it come from and what's it called? Or have you posted that earlier and I've missed it?

Mary J. said...

What yarn did you use for the baby blanket? Those colors are great!

I love your current (adult!) ripple. Beautiful.

Leah said...

Hi all--just to answer the questions--I'm using "soft waves" from "200 Ripple Stitch Patterns" by Jan Eaton.

But do you know, for the life of me, I can't remember what I used for my daughter's ripple! It's definitely cotton of some sort, but what exactly is lost in the sands of time...it's too bad I can't remember 'cause it's very nice to the touch and wore well, whatever it is!