Friday, March 16, 2007

Rippling in Norway



Hi, my name is Hilde C, and I live in Norway. I’ve been reading this blog for a while now, looking at all the wonderful ripples and colours. Now I thought it was about time to participate. I don’t often start huge projects like this, but this one was to tempting to resist, and now I think I’ve got some kind of ripple-fever.
I decided to use colours I associate with autumn, which is a bit odd since I’m constantly thinking of spring nowadays, but that’s just the way it is. I didn’t have enough stash, so I decided to buy yarn instead. I chose Falk from Dale of Norway, which is 100% wool, because this ripple will be used in wintertime. I also chose this yarn because of the colour range, and because I can use a crochet hook number 6.00 mm. I tried using the stripe generator, but we didn’t get along. Now I find that I like the fact that the pattern of colours isn’t decided beforehand. OK, back to my ripple mania :-)

3 comments:

Devvy said...

Hi Hilde, and welcome. What luscious colors! I was originally looking at autumn colors, but I couldn't find just the combination I was after. Well done!

Lallee said...

I am loving your colors!

Georgia said...

Yay! Hilde, so good to have you on board the ripple mania with us.