Monday, March 5, 2007

Not So Enamored Of The Navy...

I've come to an abrupt stop - just long enough to snap a pic and then undo the last two rows. The blue is a little too close to black, I think. It's not the color - it's the value (?) of the shade. If you scrinch your eyes up, the other colors are all at the same level of intensity, but the dark blue stands out too much, even for this experiment in combining cool and warm tones. Stay tuned...

I am really enjoying seeing everyone else's color and stitch choices!

Happy rippling!

Stasia of YarnAndABarn.blogspot.com

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't like the navy either - i think you've got it right with the value/intensity of it. How wide is your blanket? I like the stitch you've used.

Dawn said...

hmmm, i do believe you're right, though a little shock value is good sometimes too. if you still want to use it, try maybe only one row, or even doing it one row of sc to decrease the impact, but still get the contrast.

Stasia said...

Hi Jen, it's about 50" wide - maybe twin bed size?

It's a little *too* shocking for me, Dawn - I'm having enough trouble mixing cool and warm without totally getting the heebie jeebies! ;-) Mission Falls, it ain't, unfortunately...