Monday, March 5, 2007

Can someone help me with a finishing question?

I have started another blanket that I hope to auction off to raise money for my hometown that was devestated by the tornado last week. The blanket has thick ripples of the two school colors, dark blue and white. I am considering finishing the blanket so the ripple "edge" on two sides will be straight across. I am still fairly new to crocheting and am not sure how to do this. Does anyone have any ideas? I am unsure of how this will work, especially on the starting side. I hope I was clear in my description. Thanks in advance for any help.
Clarissa

2 comments:

Susan (ZenKnit) said...

I am pretty sure you could do it - probably go from having a single crochet on the peak, and then have increasingly larger stitches dc, triple (etc.) into the valley and then reverse the order.

Dawn said...

hmmm, i'm sure susan's plan would work, you may just need to play around with it a bit to get the stitches right. basically you'd be filling in the ripple on the ends with stitches of varying heights...but how high would depend on the depth of your ripple...and you could always just slip the peak if a sc is too much.

it might be easier to do it to the beginning edge after the fact. just join on and work the edging. i'd work up a couple of rows in pattern, then try working both the leading and lagging edge to see if it gives you the effect you want. if it doesn't, perhaps we can come up with another idea for you!