Saturday, March 17, 2007

It's been a long, hard week...

Working at a yarn shop is fun, but it isn't always easy. When I think I'll have room enough to comfortably work on my afghan on the train, I'll take it, but that was only a couple days this week. Any more time I spent on it was once I'd settled down for the night, and that wasn't much. This week has been very busy at the shop, so I'm just exhausted by the time I get home. But after a total of eight days, I've managed to get in 15 stripes.

I didn't mention before that I'm using the soft waves pattern, but I also wanted a "waves on waves" effect, so for the first row of each new color I'm working in the back loop only. It gives it a great extra textural effect. You can see it a little in the pic. I'm enjoying working on this so much. I love the colors, and funnily, it seems to match whatever I'm wearing at the time! More on my blog.

6 comments:

nanaofnc said...

Love the colors and the idea of the "waves on waves". My ripple is all in the "back loops" in an effort to make it a little more light weight. I'd like to try your method next time.

Anonymous said...

Lovley colors!

Hilde C. said...

What a great idea with the waves on waves effect :-)

jessica said...

I love the blanket. The pattern and the colors.

Susan (ZenKnit) said...

What a cool design idea! Too late for mine now, but I am tucking that away for a future try sometime

Georgia said...

I love the texture with yours!