Monday, March 19, 2007

Almost Halfway

A few strips shy of being half done on my funky granny knock your eyes out what was she thinking afghan/bed thing.

Here she is in all her nouveau vintage splendor:

ripple afghan - almost halfway there

long view of my ripple afghan

Just after I took the photos I added a few more stripes. Then I started to get claw hand, so I decided to start weaving in the ends. I have all the ends (sans the beginning and the last stripe) woven in. The edge looks good on that side. Humble opinion and all that.

I know that some of the colors are in the "only a mother could love them" color way, but I am the momma on this one, and I love my freakishly weird blanket child.

Peace,

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I like! That's one of the things I'm loving most about the ripple. I'm using up colors that I had no business buying in the first place.

Leah said...

You really cracked me up with this post--I laughed out loud. Nouveau vintage! That's a great expression. And your blanket looks terrific! Isn't this fun?!

helenw said...

Wow! You have been busy! Looks great!

mk said...

I love scrolling down past all the different lovely stripes! like a ripple pin-up ;)