Wednesday, May 9, 2007

2nd Ripple


P.S. Since I originally posted this, that ripple is no more. I frogged it all out and started over, and over, and over. Can’t seem to get a color combo I like, so I’m thinking of making one out of a solid color. Now to figure on what color. Maybe it’s not that I have a fear of color, maybe I’m just color challenged!


Finished the 1st, now on to something more colorful...sort of. Try as I will, no matter what I do, it always turns out more subtle. I think I have a fear of color...did you know there really is such a thing? I looked it up, it's called Chromophobia.

After finishing the 1st afghan, my fingers were bored! I put the 200 Ripple Patterns book on hold at the library and when it became available, I found the pics in the book like eye candy. So many colors and patterns!

I commend those of you who are just learning to crochet and are making the Soft Waves pattern. I kept losing my place and making mistakes. I need some "holes" in the ripples to keep me on track.

Sooooo, I'm using "Gary's Ripple" from the book and using an F hook, Caron Simply Soft yarns and some yarn from my stash.

Still loving all the pics you gals provide...many are getting so creative in displaying their art!

3 comments:

Jenny Raye said...

Oh, I like that cool crochet hook! Is the purple part cushioned or padded? If so, I could definitely use something like that. Who makes it, and where did you get it?

I like the colors of your ripple!

nanaofnc said...

jennyraye, it was a pack of different sized little purple "sleeves" that I got at Hobby Lobby that you can put on any crochet hook. I tend to need some sort of cushion when working on something like these ripples.

renee said...

I like your colors! I'm also planning to use Gary's Ripple on my next ripple project.