Monday, April 16, 2007

My Ripple is finished :-)



The Ripple is finished! It’s been great fun! I didn’t have enough stash, so I bought yarn for this project. I decided to use the yarn Falk from Dale of Norway. This was based on wanting to crochet in wool, not use a hook smaller that 6.00 mm, and Falk had the colours I wanted. I made 196 chain stitches. I used crochet hook 6.00 mm, my crocheting is loose, which in turn gave a blanket that is approximately 1,20 meters wide. I used 27 skeins, and that gave a blanket that is approximately 1,60 meters long. This project was both faster and easier than I anticipated, so now I’m thinking of making one in cotton as well. Once in a while I ask my partner if he wants me to make something for him. His answer is always no. During this project, his interest in this afghan has grown, and he had a very clear opinion about how long it should be. Now, he has adopted it :-)



My blog

12 comments:

Michelle said...

beautiful..i can see why someone would want to adopt it...

Nancy said...

This is just gorgeous! Congrats on your finish!

Katy said...

I love your choice of colors! Your work is wonderful!

N. said...

Good for you! This is beautiful!

mk said...

lovely!!! the picture of warmth, complete with tea.

Jenni-Raie said...

the first picture has so much personality to it. and congrats on finishing.

Susan (ZenKnit) said...

Beautiful! I love your setting too.

PSBBDesigns said...

GREAT color choices! It's just gorgeous.

Unknown said...

I love those colours. Makes me want to try something that intense myself

Hilde C. said...

Thank you for all your nice comments :-)

Jesse said...

It's beautiful! And lovely photos too.

AmberCake said...

It's really really gorgeous. Inspiring.