Thursday, March 1, 2007

Okay, I'm on the band wagon now!

I just so happened upon this group of rippling crocheters and thought, "that's a good idea!"
I've only done one ripple afghan in all my crocheting years and it was a basic one. I think they all are, so I'll give myself a little more credit there ;-) It was my very first afghan, as a matter of fact, and it was from the good ole "I taught myself to crochet" book kit.
With news going around of another expecting cousin, i just have to get started on an afghan for this baby! It's going to be a boy, i hear so stash diving i went!
To my disappointment, i don't have very many boyish colors - i could use this as a reason to go to the LYS and go buck wild crazy, but i won't. I'll be happy with what i have this time and get a move on with this ripple!
I've chosen Bev's baby ripple afghan pattern. i found enough yarn to pull this one off.
And here are my colors...
They're all worsted weight but i think a few of them are red heart and (what's the one walmart used to carry?), a couple of them are caron. so, there's gray, yellow, green, sage, bone and, hunter. I'm not used to working with so much green, i'm excited to see how it'll turn out. with all of the support, encouragement, and eventual bragging rights, i'm sure to finish. Can't wait to say, "ah, it's just a little something i whipped up while participating in a ripple-along."

1 comment:

Carla said...

Nice greens, DaniLane. Green is one of my favorite colors. I always say my husband is a blue man married to a green woman, LOL.