Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Granny Chevron FINISHED



I have had this finished for several days now, but just haven't gotten around to taking and posting pictures. I've been busy trying to get things done for the shop, buying new yarns *yea!* and working up some quick things to sell. So back to the granny chevron.... the pattern is from the 200 ripple book #190. It is 5 repeats done in Caron Simply soft. Some are brights and some are just the normal. The first set of colors are random, picked by my hubby. The 2nd and 3rd are more planned. A color could only touch another once. Which made each color look different in each section.
I made sure to end it with the teal color, as that was the one I started with, and would also be the border color. I think it helps bring it all together nicely.

Specs at a glance:
Yarn: Caron Simply Soft
Hook: G / 4.25 mm
Pattern: #190 from 200 stitches 5 repeats of pattern

11 comments:

Sue J. said...

Wow! Looks gorgeous! I love the color arrangement. I'm going straight to the book and looking up #190. Excellent job!

Freda said...

It is beautiful. I'm thinking of using the same yarn Caron Simply Soft brite for an afghan for my son's girlfriend. I've not made an afghan before. I'm thinking of roughly a 50 by 80 inches size. Approximately how many skeins should I buy?

Leah said...

That is such a neat pattern. I love the combination of ripple and granny--and your fun colors!

Aim said...

That is beautiful! I love the combo of granny and chevron. That is really fun; looks like a yummy rainbow of candy...

L. said...

Megan,

It's a beauty! I've been eyeing that pattern because I like the wider look of the ripples done this way.

Did you like using the Caron soft and may I ask how you change colors so often and keep the end of the afghan looking so good?

diane said...

absolutely beautiful! i've made this pattern using 3 colors but like yours so much better.....

Peggy said...

Megan...how beautiful! You did an awesome job with the color selections. I may give this pattern another go for my next one.

Dorothy said...

I can't get over how wonderful the colors look together. I've got to try the granny chevron. It turned out beautiful. Good job.

Li de Liége said...

It could pass me the way to make? I found WONDERFUL, but I am not expert in crochet. bjusss
liége
Brazil

renee said...

When I first saw the granny ripple I was not so sure about it, but seeing your blanket, I am converted. Good job!

Unknown said...

I love this ripple! Can anyone help me find the pattern online without having to buy the whole book? That would be wonderful! I would just love to make one for my daughters bedspread!

THANKS