Thursday, May 24, 2007

The end is near :-)))

It's been a while since I was here the last time - but I have been working hard :-) With my ripple...And now it's almost 'closing-time'. 15% left to go....and I can hardly wait. The blanket is now 140 cm long - it will end up being about 170 cm. So I'm more than satisfied....and I now have most of the yarn for ripple nr. 2 :-).
Last night I did some pattern-work. Sitting there with Jan Eatons book I took the ones I liked the most - and tried and tried. To see how they worked with the new yarn etc. I think I will try the 'soft waves' - but must face that the needle will have to be 2 numbers smaler than now. Rather thin acording to my taste. But: the yarn rules, so this is it. I will put some photos in here when I have all the yarn...
For now you can take a look on my 'almost-done-ripple' :-)))

Have a nice day.

2 comments:

~Molly~ said...

This is so pretty, I love the colors you've chosen!

Molly

GitteMay said...

Thanks to you, Molly.
They are ok - and the blanket is very soft. The yarn is wonderful to work with. In 'real life' the colors are a little bit more clear. The pink is very pink, the orange is very orange and so on.
Sometimes it's difficult for the camera to get the colors perfectly.
Gitte B