Friday, April 27, 2007

rippled graffiti

Hi, I'm new here :) I'm a quite experienced (at least for my age I guess?) crocheter from Stockholm, Sweden. I've been admiring all of your lovely ripples since the start of this CAL. The last couple of weeks I've even made a few swatches myself. I love the ripple crochet. It's so pretty - yet easy to make. I also find ripples more amusing and variated to crochet than ordinary stripes.

I'm deeply impressed by your strive and patience - and by the beautiful results (afghans and other). However, I don't have that much yarn, and definitely not that much patience. So at the moment I will keep on crocheting my "swatches". They might not be big enough to cover a whole bed or to warm up cold legs and feet.

But they're more than enough for lamp posts, fences, and hand rails feeling naked or cold. Which comes in handy since I'm a member of the Masquerade crew (Swedish fans of Knitta). We already put up our first rippled tag:
slussen
(Slussen, Stockholm, Sweden)
My favourite pattern and colours on my favourite spot :) Look, it even matches the old blue metro! Now if there were only the old green trains as well...

Look for more yarn graffiti ripples in the streets of Stockholm. If you don't live nearby you can take a look at our blog or here at this lovely crochet along.

Thanks for having me here, this CAL will inspire me even more when I get to take part of it :)

6 comments:

N. said...

That is so cool! I love those colours of blue and green (and white) against the neutrality of the train tracks and skyline there. What a fun project!

TeaMouse said...

What a neat project! Crochet Graffiti, who knew.

Mary J. said...

That's awesome! Hooray for taking over the urban landscape!

renee said...

You're my new hero.

Dawn said...

YEAH, you posted! I have sooooo been sitting on my hands, willing myself to not post links to your project before you did...this just plain makes me h.a.p.p.y. Thanks so much for coming by to play!

Jenni-Raie said...

oh you adventurous thing - nice picture!