Sunday, April 22, 2007

I'm New Here and Loving It!

Hi Everyone,
I'm new here on the Ripple Along and looking at your gorgeous afghans in certainly an inspiration, believe me. You do such lovely work and I'm thinking that I'll have to buy Jan Eaton's book to try my hand at some different type ripples.

I posted earlier today but apparently something went 'kaflooey' with my post so I'm giving it one more try and hopefully, this post will take. I would like to crochet a ripple using wool or a wool blend from my stash yarn which is waaay too large. The problem is in choosing a yarn that I have enough of, since I know how much yarn crocheting takes. I would be happy to purchase an acrylic (which I have none of) if I knew what might be very soft and durable, so suggestions are very welcome.
Kudos to all of you for your colorful, lovely crocheted art work! :)

Laura

P.S. The picture above is an shell afghan which I just completed for my youngest son and his fiance. I used Rowanspun Chunky Tweed in a beige color so that it would go with anything.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

yeah laura, it looks like it worked just fine this time! must have been a wierd cosmic blogger snaffu last time. thanks for posting this again!

Tawana said...

Hey laura,

for my last ripple I used Red Heart Soft Yarns, Dark Horse Fantasy yarn (I love this yarn) and some people (well alot of people) used Caron Simply Soft. So I would try one of these.