Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Just Spinning Along


Hello All. I have not posted in about a week. I have been making minor progress and spending alot of time setting up my blog. Boy can that put hair on your chest!! Anyway I am really loving my colors and can't wait to get more done this week and weekend. My 10 y/o chose the colors and we got them from Knit Picks. It is the DK Merino style wool. It was very reasonable, and is a very nice yarn to work with. This will be a queen size, so pretty big. I have also been tickled by all of the posts and wonderful progress I have seen on the site. Dawn is doing such a fantastic job on this site. Thank you Dawn!!

One more thing I wanted to add today. After reading Scout's Swag this morning, she spoke about losing her Mother. My own Mother died this past August. Despite the fact that we had our ups and downs growing up, there are many things I carry with me forever . She taught me crocheting, knitting, baking, housecleaning, and how to scrub the front steps with Comet every Saturday! Altho there are many other things, because of her I will be able to pass these skills onto my daughter, and in turn to her daughter after her. What a precious gift.

4 comments:

Jenni-Raie said...

it looks really good! keep up the good work.

Carla said...

We do have odd relationships with our mothers, don't we. My own is still living but her memory worsens all the time. It's hard. — I do like your blanket, deedledumpling. Lookin' good!

N. said...

Looks great! How much yarn did you end up purchasing for the queen-sized blanket? I'm trying to figure out how much to buy for a twin-sized one using the same wool.

LJ said...

what is the pattern you are using for this?