Sunday, March 2, 2008

New ripple on the hook


Well, I just finished my log cabin afghan. You can check that out here.

Now, I'm going to begin a new ripple for my daughter. I'll be using RHSS in Plum Pudding (See above) and some purple that I had in my stash that I feel coordinates much better than the current purple RH is producing. I'm using stitch pattern number 24 from Jan Eaton's 200 Ripple Stitch Patterns. I'm attempting to mimic a ripple that was made for me when I was a baby.

I'm so excited to begin this. I've been forcing myself to wait until I finished the log cabin. You know, exchanging one UFO for another. I'll post pics once I get far enough to show the colors and the stitch pattern.

7 comments:

mrswade said...

After working a bit more, I'm not sure I'm digging the pattern. Has anyone else used this one? I'm finding that the "top" will never be as wavy as the "bottom" or start of the afghan. Help!

Susan (ZenKnit) said...

Sounds like a great combo of color. Can hardly wait to see it!

Lavahlo said...

I have only made one ripple and one Round ripple. I loved the round ripple the best.
How can I join in here?

PattieJ said...

Love the colors too! Can't wait to see pics! I made a giant granny with plum pudding and other pinks and purples.

lavahlo, If you want to join, email "Dawn" you will see the email in the right hand column near the top.

kristin said...

hi Hilde!! (visiting from feeling stirchy :)

your log cabin afghan is stunning!! looks like a lot of work, but worth the effort...it's beautiful!!

Lavahlo said...

Thanks Pattej! I kept clicking on her name to find her email address...lol
I FINALLY seen it was right there written differntly.
Thanks so much!
Lavahalo

Lavahlo said...

Great work! Love the colors!