Saturday, September 15, 2007

The Ripple's Back in Progress


The Ripple's Back in Progress
Originally uploaded by kpwerker.
Seven months after I started, the ripple's back in active progress. I started it during a time of stress and ill health, and I've picked it up again now in a time of not as much stress while I recover from minor surgery. It's big enough that it keeps me warm as I work on it. I'm getting a bit impatient, and may end up finishing it off before I'd originally planned; make it more of a throw than a blanket.

I picked up a copy of Knit.1 magazine (actually, I picked up about a dozen magazines; I'm spending four full days on the couch!), and had the trippy experience of seeing a photo of my ripple in Shannon Okey's column, while I was sitting under the very same ripple. Neato. (It's a good article, in which we get a shout-out!)

A Ripple And Its Image In Print

8 comments:

Barb Mcf said...

How nice, to see yourself in print. Congrats. Love the ripple too.

Liz said...

Wow, how exciting! Your ripple looks gorgeous.

scubagirl said...

Congrats! Very exciting!

Rae said...

I got excited about that piece in Knit 1 also. You & I are about the same distance into our ripples so hearing that you've picked yours up again encourages me a little. Won't it be nice to have in the winter?

Kim Werker said...

Hey thanks!

Rae, it sure will be nice to have it in winter. I'm getting a bit desperate to finish it as I continue to feel better; gotta make the most of being stuck on the couch!

Susan (ZenKnit) said...

Loving your ripple! I saw it on the Granny Square Along too, so double or would that be quadruple the pleasure?

Debbie said...

Your ripple is beautiful. I started my first ripple ever for my 7 year old daughter and cannot wait to begin on my husbands. Can you tell me what type of grip you have on your hook? It looks very comfortable. Thanks!

Janaina said...

Stupid question from a 100% novice (making my very 1st consistent progress on crochet at this moment): what is the red little thingy on your hook?
Hugs from southern Brazil.