Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Finished!

I've finished my practice piece and ready to start a new one. I have some Caron Simply Soft, red, white and green I'm dying to try. I've also got to get some baby yarn, yellow, green and white, when I make up my mind on the pattern (waves, but crocheted or knitted--haven't decided which). My first grandson's (my first grandchild), is having a baby of his own...he's not having it, she is. But just the same, I can hardly believe I have grandchildren old enough to have babies of their own. Wow, where did the time go?
Gretchen is helping me finish the ends. Every time I sat down to work on it she came and got in my lap. She fussed at me if I needed to turn for the next row. Sorry, Gretch--this one goes to AJ. For his very first little-boy-big-bed. Had I planned this ahead of time, I would have used bright colors, but it was yarn that was given to me plus a few skeins I had to buy to make it long enough for the bed. And it was my practice piece. It turned out to be 59" X 35".

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Congrats on finishing! Looks great...What a pretty kitty!

Anina said...

That's great! My first practice piece only turned out to be about 30x30 before the yarn ran out.

Paula said...

Oh I really like how your ripple came out.
Gretchen is looks like she wants one of her own now.