Thursday, March 29, 2007

Intro

Hello everyone! I just found this CAL/KAL last weekend, and decided it was the perfect stash-busting activity. I taught myself how to crochet about 10 years ago, and have that many years of leftover/unused yarn in my ever growing stash. That was part of the reason I gave up craft-purchases for Lent (surprisingly difficult!). So, this project goes along with that just fine.

The other night I ransacked my apartment and amassed this giant pile of yarn (with which my cat was fascinated - I almost couldn't get a picture because she kept blocking my view!). Granted, this is the pile of similar weights. I could probably make another afghan out of the remaining bulky yarns I didn't pull out. But, first things first.



I started the no end in sight afghan on Tuesday night, and decided to go with the random striping method. Okay, not really a method, as I'm just closing my eyes, diving into the bag of yarn (no, I didn't leave it in a big pile on my floor, though it was tempting) and pulling out whatever my hand closes around. I decided I'll do repeats of 2 rows, if I happen to choose the same yarn 2x, but no more than that. Already, I'm dreading the weaving in of all those ends, but I think I'll stop every few rows and force myself to take care of them.

This will definitely be interesting...and hopefully the color scheme will not be hideous. There seem to be an awful lot of pink shades in my stash, which isn't what I would have expected. I look forward to sharing my progress with you guys, and checking out all the great finished projects!

2 comments:

Riss said...

That green looks so soft and shiny.... *stares*

:) I love it!

Tami said...

Hi Riss,

The green yarn is Caron Simply Soft. It does work up nice and cozy soft. I made a whole afghan for an ex-boyfriend out of it (and regret not getting it back after the breakup!).