Sunday, March 25, 2007

I think I'm finished!

I initially planned to make it longer but it fits this bed just right!
I've only added a couple rows since last week's post, but I've been putting all the rest of it together. I picked up the bed skirt and mattress at a consignment sale and Dh and I built the frame for the bed yesterday. The bed skirt was an impulse buy, but it made it possible for me to just build a quick frame instead of buying a whole bed. I also love how the ripples of the ric rac imitate the ripples of the blanket.

I think she likes it!

7 comments:

Susan (ZenKnit) said...

Sweet! Look at that smile. Great ripple. Are you going to do another?

Anonymous said...

I love the colors and they blend so well. I've been inspired to start a ripple for the last few weeks but can't decide on what yarn and colors. I would so appreciate it if you could tell me what yarn you used...I might just take on the challenge. I haven't crocheted in a few years so now seems like a good time to start. By the way...your daughter is precious!

helenw said...

Thanks Susan and CIP!

I'm not sure what I'm going to make next, I might do a granny square blanket next . . . how original!

I used some red heart, TLC, cotton tots, cotton ease, sugar and cream cotton and unidentified stash.

Hilde C. said...

Congratulations! I think it looks beautiful :-)

Jersey Knitting Mama said...

Great job! She looks like she loves her new blanket. How very sweet!

Sonya :)

Anonymous said...

Adorable

Karen said...

What a beauty of a blanket, bed, child, picture! Congratulations