Sunday, May 13, 2007

Ripples On The Brain



Since I haven't yet purchased yarn for my next afghan, I was playing around with what I have. I'd really like to use this yarn for my next afghan, but I don't have enough. It's a discontinued yarn, so I'll see if I can get some more, but in the meantime I started a Ripple Scarf. I may rip it out if I can get the enough of the same colors to make an afghan. I'm using pink, chocolate and vanilla. Reminds me of Neapolitan ice cream.

For those of you who want to ripple and an afghan seems daunting, or you just don't have enough yarn at the moment, why not try this scarf? I've modified the Easy Ripple Afghan pattern to accomodate scarf width. Please note, this is in no way a new pattern, nor am I taking credit for it. It is simply a modification of the Easy Ripple Afghan by Suan B sized down in width. I'm using Laines Du Nord Giunco and a G hook. The scarf is about 6 1/2 inches wide.

**Post edited at this point by the Head Ripple Mistress at the request of Susan B, designer of the Easy Ripple Afghan, removing pattern details.**

1 comment:

SusanB said...

I want to applaud Nano's creativity in creating a scarf from my Easy Ripple Afghan pattern. And a thank you to the Head Ripple Mistress for removing the pattern details.

If you want to try a Ripple Scarf, Nano's modifications were as follows:

Uses a multiple of 12 plus 2.
Chain 26.
In row 1 and 2 of the Easy Ripple Afghan, change every 6 to a 4. At the start of row 2, change 7 to 5.