Sunday, May 6, 2007

I'm here!

I'm here at last... I started rippling a couple of weeks ago after seeing some amazing ripples over here! I'm following the 'Soft Waves' pattern, using Rowan Classic - Bamboo Soft yarn and a 4.5mm crochet hook. I love the softness of the yarn and the stitch definition that it gives - it's like cotton only much softer. I don't know how long it will take me to complete my blanket, but I won't be finishing it as quickly as some of you guys!

Here's how far I've got...



And this is an earlier photo (in terrible lighting) of just 4 stripes, curled up like a flower!


Keep rippling everybody...

5 comments:

L. said...

Wow, the yarn colors are great looking! I've never tried Rowan Bamboo because I just figured it wouldn't be soft enough, who knew?

CrafteaMe said...

Thanks... yes, they're lovely aren't they! The yarn is well worth checking out - it's kind of cross between soft cotton and silk!

Stephanie said...

Wow what a pretty ripple. I love your colors!!

Jenny Raye said...

Love the colors!

N. said...

Wow, the blanket really does look soft! Love love love it and the colours. How big are you going to make it? Is it going to be $$$$$??