Friday, May 11, 2007

For those of you doing soft waves...

I managed to get my hands on a copy of the 200 ripple stich book by Jan Eaton at our local library and copied down the soft waves pattern along with some others. I bought the yarn and got started a couple of nights ago and have been having trouble ever since...

I think I missed a line in the pattern for Row 1 at some point because things aren't lining up right when I get to row 2. AND... the book is now checked out to someone else. I'm hoping that one of you can help fill in what I missed. I'll try to write this in a way that isnt giving away any copyrighted information and hopefully it will be enough to answer my question...

As I have it, in Row 1 you work the dcs, then work the top of the ripple, then the dcs again, then repeat. It doesn't share any information about the [dc tog] for the trough. My thinking is that I left out the part that says to work the trough first. My pattern for Row 2 seems to be correct... starts with the dc, then says to work the trough, dc, then work the top of the wave, and repeat. If I just follow the pattern for Row 2 as if it were Row 1 (and keep repeating the same pattern) will it work?

If you need to you can email me at artsyandi@gmail.com.
Thanks for the help in advance!!!

3 comments:

charlotte narunsky said...

Hi there. Yes, you can do row 2 throughout. The row 1 pattern should read (dc2tog) twice at the bottom of the trough. In fact, I couldn't see any difference at all between rows 1, 2 or 3 so just worked row 3 from the start. I hope this helps!

Michelle said...

I just sent you an email:) It might be what you already figured out, I'm trying to get out the door to run errands and I decided to see if there were any new post(this site is crack:)and saw they you were having a problems. So hopes this helps.

ArtsyAndi said...

Thanks for the help! I think I have it figured out now. Will post pictures soon!!! :)