Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Changes, they are a comin!

Hey All!

Just a note to state the obvious...the site revamp is kicking in to high gear! I've made some preliminary changes, so do me a favor and check the new sidebar features out for me before I spend loads of time entering all the bio info, patterns, online links. The labels are, for now, gone...need to figure out how to make them useful. I think we really need to try to stick with labeling only with your name "tag" so folks can search by person to find their various projects and the details. With 200+ ripplers, additional labels for fiber type, pattern type, yada makes the list quite daunting.

Let me know what you think, or what you'd like to see, or what you think could be done better.

Ta for now!

Dawn

5 comments:

charlotte narunsky said...

Loving the new style bio info - it is great to know how many ripples other people have got going. Also nice to tag only with names - much easier to navigate. Great work!

knit_tgz said...

I think it would be nice to have also a "crochet" tag and a "knitting" tag.

Carina said...

I think using only our names as tags is a good idea.

For the bio page/post, I think it would be nice to have the info you've put in your intro post, but also if the rippler in question is (mainly) a crocheter or knitter. I also think it would be a good idea to have a 'knitting' and 'crochet' tag on the main blog...

And maybe if there were links to each persons ripples in the Ripple Tally bit.

It would undoubtedly be easiest if everyone writes their own bio page, then each can update it when they finish a ripple. And start new ones! ;-)

Anonymous said...

The new look is really nice! I am still so new at the bloggy biz that I don't think any input on my behalf would be beneficial. But it looks great!

Dawn said...

Great ideas guys! H

However, the rippler info page really needs to stay as one big list so it can stay in alphabetical order and not by date. Of course, that means I have to enter everything myself, but oh well. I played around with having pictures of projects on that page, with the details, but the formatting was a nightmare....and I remembered that the labels on the main blog will direct everyone to all of the posts by that particular rippler. Seemed sort of a duplication, though I agree, a nice one.

We really wanted a way to link to the ripplers' websites and blogs wherever they may be, and the member list will only link to the profile on Blogger...including only Blogger blogs and no more. On the new page, the name will link to a profile where ever it might be if you so choose, and you can list one or multiple blogs as well. People just need to tell me what info they want there.

I can certainly make crochet adn knit tags, though the crochet one will be a tad overwhelming in scope and that makes me question it's usefulness? Maybe making just a knit one is sufficient?